Kevin Spacey scandal: His next movie ‘All the Money in the World’ pulled from AFI Fest

Some experts are wary of the treatment sought by accused sexual abusers like Kevin Spacey or Harvey Weinstein. Video provided by Newsy Newslook

Besieged by allegations of sexual harassment and assault, the repercussions for Kevin Spacey now are engulfing his next movie, All the Money in the World: It’s been pulled from the schedule of an upcoming film festival.

The American Film Institute last week said its AFI Fest schedule was “locked in” and the movie (about the infamous 1973 John Paul Getty III kidnapping) was set to premiere on Nov. 16 at the prestigious festival in Los Angeles.

Now the movie is out, after TriStar, which is part of Sony, issued a statement saying it was being pulled from the festival because of the “current allegations surrounding one of its actors” — meaning Spacey.

“All the Money in the World is a superb film and more than worthy of its place of honor in the AFI Fest,” says the studio statement sent to USA TODAY by Tahra Grant, senior vice president of corporate communications at Sony Pictures. “But given the current allegations surrounding one of its actors and out of respect for those impacted, it would be inappropriate to celebrate at a gala at this difficult time. Accordingly, the film will be withdrawn.”

But the film will still arrive in theaters as planned on Dec. 22, according to the statement.


(Photo: Chris Pizzello, Invision/AP)

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.